In this project, members of Newcastle University will explore the use of planning techniques including digital technology as a tool to help young people in local schools engage with town planning processes.
This will build on an existing engagement programme, YES Planning, developed and delivered by planning students from Newcastle University.
- Newcastle University – School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, 4th July 2016 YES: Planning with Young People
- Newcastle University – School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, 10th February 2017 Training the Trainers: passing on the skills of engagement
- Newcastle University Teachers’ Toolkit ‘Planning the Future’ – a toolkit for engaging young people in town planning
Academic Lead Teresa Strachan
- Academia: Newcastle University
- Public and voluntary sectors: Schools in Newcastle and North Tyneside